Pellet Inserts FAQ's, Help, and Tutorials
We carry Quadrafire pellet Inserts
- Units which sit in an existing wood burning fireplace and out onto the hearth. They use pellets composed of compressed saw dust as a fuel with blowing air assisting the burn. the unit sits out on the hearth because there must be access to the hopper where pellets are loaded.
- Are middle-of-the-road in terms of authenticity, compared to a wood fire, and maintenance work required: you are burning solid fuel like in a a wood fire, and can occasionally smell that fact, but the trade-off for lack of authenticity is also a lack of work required.
- It is recommend that you vacuum the ashes out before a day of use, but you don't have to carry messy wood into the house or clean out a whole fireplace.
- There no longer exist pellet fireplaces.
- Use piping that goes up your existing chimney as an exhaust vent.
- Heat a room using radiant heat and fan assisted convection.